General Event Guidelines
Thank you for considering Catered Affairs to provide services for your event. We will do everything in our power to provide you with unparalleled service and menu choices in the setting of your choice. Listed below are guidelines that will assist you in your planning to ensure that your event is the best that it can be.
- We provide extensive menu options for all of our clients. However, if you would like something prepared that is not listed (a family favorite, recipe from a magazine etc.), I am most certain that we can fulfill your request!
- You will notice that prices are not listed. This is to ensure that you receive the best cost per person possible based on current market prices and that you can plan a menu that is uniquely you.
- We ask that customers first select those food items they are interested in serving at their event. These menu items are then costed out at current market prices and a meal cost is sent to you via US Postal Service or e-mail.
- Due to PLCB guidelines Catered Affairs cannot purchase alcohol for events; however our bar-tending staff can set up and serve the alcohol you provide. We are licensed and insured for bar service.
- Bartenders are available and will be provided based on needs of client @ $20.00 per hour per bartender. Depending on bar selections ½ – 1 hour set up and clean up time is needed.
- Will provide beverage “set-up” per person as requested – soda, glassware, and mixers: lemons, limes, cherries, tonic water, sours, fruit juices, napkins, stir sticks etc.
- Discuss and plan needed alcohol/non-alcohol amounts with client.
- Hot Beverage Station or Table-side Hot Beverage Service is available.
- Non-alcoholic beverage options and set up are available depending on clients needs.
- We offer full linen service from tablecloths to chair covers and sashes! Click here for more info.
Types of Service:
- Buffet, family style, “food stations”, picnics, or sit-down service is available.
- Buffet, picnics, and food stations events: 20% service charge will be applied to all invoices. 22% service charge on holidays/holiday weekends.
- Family Style or Sit-Down Events: 20 – 24% service charge will be applied to all invoices.
- Uniformed wait staff provided at events.
- Events outside Blair County subject to a delivery fee.
- We ask that you estimate your maximum guest count 30 days prior to your event.
- Final guest count due 8 days before your event. Additional guests may be added if necessary but not decreased.
- Catered Affairs offers event coordination services (cake, linen rental, china rental, customized event favors, photographers, music coordination, florist coordination,) at NO CHARGE to confirmed clients.
- Cut and served by uniformed wait staff at no extra cost to client.
- Display wedding cookies at no extra cost to client.
- Many types of display pieces from antique sterling silver, glass, copper, wrought iron, wicker available to client, at no extra cost to client.
- Catered Affairs requires a non-refundable deposit to secure the date of your event.
- The deposit is applied to your final bill.
- We accept cash, checks and money orders.
- Your invoice will be due 14 days before the actual event date.
- 6% Pennsylvania sales tax is applied to all events, unless tax exempt paperwork is filed with Catered Affairs.